Skip to main content

#ThursdayDoors - North Wales

If, like me, you find doors fascinating and great to photograph, I suggest you visit 'Thursday Doors' a weekly photo challenge hosted by Dan Antion on his site No Facilities

I took these snaps on a recent break to North Wales. The first is in Portmeirion where we stayed, and the rest were taken in Harlech.


This is the view through the door to one of our balconies on a wonderful balmy evening in Portmeirion.  For more of my pictures of this stunning place or visit my Flickr page  Also you might want to read my related post  We're all Prisoners now! 

Whilst we were here, we visited Harlech, a ‘must see’ little coastal town, not just for the views across the dunes but also for its clifftop medieval castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here are some photos of some charming street houses here with characterful doors.







And finally, this..... The Welsh just love their Dragons!






Comments

  1. These are great buildings and doors. I love stone buildings. We don't see many of them here in the states. If I had to choose a favorite, it would be the blue door with the nice wide sidelight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. Yes, there's stone buildings with Welsh slate rooves everywhere. I think the blue one is my favourite too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for showing them to us. Ljubljana (the capital of Slovenia, my country) also loves its dragons. The flags look similar too (of LJ. and Wales).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dragons seem to be a thing of legend in various parts of the world. Wonder where they came from?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. It's a lovely part of the UK. It seems from you blog that Dragons are a thing on Romania also!

      Delete
  4. Love that 4th house. Ain't nothing moving that baby! Love stone buildings, just screams "cool history" to me. Thanks for sharing😀.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Pat. Those cottages are pretty damn solid aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment