Skip to main content

#Thursday Doors - Torri del Benaco, Lake Garda, Italy

I haven't taken any door photos this week so my entry to Dan Antion's Thursday Doors photo challenge  is a collection of rediscovered photos taken in 2008. I took them whilst on holiday in the picturesque village of Torri del Benaco which lies on the eastern shore of Lake Garda in Italy.   

Torri del Benaco is one of those villages that make you feel like you took a step back into the Middle Ages with its medieval walls and towers. Some of the houses have colourful facades in warm yellow colours and others are in local stone. Many are decorated with porticoes and pretty balconies reminiscent of Juliet’s house in Verona.

I think this first first façade with its balcony, light colourful stone, arched door and potted plants is an absolute gem!


The next two wooden doors are such a wonderful rich brown colour.



Below is the the baroque church "Santi Pietro e Paolo". 
 

Those old back street apartments with stone and render walls, archways, shutters, lamps, window boxes and pot plants are so typically Italian. 




I hope you liked my 'Torri' doors. 

 



Comments

Post a Comment