Skip to main content

#ThursdayDoors - Hyeres, France

This week I'm off to Hyeres on the 'original' French Riviera.  

Thursday Doors is a weekly blogging photographic challenge allowing door lovers to come together to admire and share their favourite door photos from around the world.  It is hosted by Dan, see his Blog 'No Facilities'.  To get to the Thursday Door entries click here.

The town of Hyeres is situated between Marseille and Nice and gained repute as a health and winter tourism resort in the 18th century.  It's a wonderful town in a stunning setting and has an interesting history.  It has a castle, a medieval centre, beaches, a peninsula (Giens) jutting into the Mediterranean and picturesque islands just off the coast (the main one is Porquerolles). 

We went there some years ago on holiday and I recommend it as a good base for pottering along the Riviera.  We would like to go again if we get chance and can afford to.

I didn't take many photos of doors then as my door fixation hadn't started but here are three that have doors in them.


Back street in old town



Beautiful square with typically up-market French apartments



Street in Giens




Comments

  1. I wouldn't want to be the mailman on that blue door. That's a hike up those stairs, but it's am impressive picture. I like picture with the doors and shutters. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that one on the back street. Nice post.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. Those up market apartments are very elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you wish you were actually off to the Riviera...or anywhere else? :-) One of my favorite things in that part of France are the glorious and often brightly painted shutters.

    janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll settle for anywhere at present but the Riviera is my favourite. Its the coast, the colour of the Med,
      and the colours of the buildings that attract me. The Spanish Costa Brava is my second favourite coast.

      Delete

Post a Comment