Skip to main content

#ThursdayDoors - North Yorkshire

 

Thornton -le-Dale

Doors photographed in the picturesque village of Thornton-le-Dale which lies on the edge of the North York Moors National Park.


Beautifully presented original and inviting shopfront with access bridge across a bubbling brook.



Recessed tiled doorway



Chocolate box cottage with thatched porch.



Pristine white door to cottage garden, framed with ivy.


Helmsley

Door in the attractive market town of Helmsley in the North York Moors National Park.



Wonderful timber porch on Georgian stone villa


 Whitby

Two doors photographed at the Abbey Headland at Whitby (a seaside town overlooking the North Sea and the River Esk estuary).


Old weathered door to derelict farm building, Abbey Headland, Whitby



Mad Monk Cottage on the Abbey Headland. 








Comments

  1. These are wonderful doors. Reading the menu above that first door is making me hungry. I like the door surrounded by ivy, and the one with the lattice panels and small roof. The thatch roof is cool. I've never seen anything like that. I think my favorite is the Mad Monk Cottage. That's a fine door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'artisan' pies in the deli looked amazing. My wife stopped me buying one. I don't know the story about the mad monk. I was going to ask someone but the brewery and beer garden next door distracted me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos, lots of lovely old stone. Mad Monk Cottage is such a great name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. As I said to Dan, I don't know who the mad monk was but yes, it's a great name. The stained glass window design is quite impressive I think.

      Delete
  4. Nice. For me the door on the derelict farm and Mad Monk comes in next. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Weathered wood can look pretty amazing can't it?

      Delete
  5. A great series of doors. The first capture, because of the flowers on the bke, the white door with the ivy, strikes me as typical for England, but love the Mad Monk door the most because of the glass engraving (?) on the door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Yes, the Mad Monk's door would be pretty ordinary except for the leaded, coloured glass window.

      Delete
  6. That thatched door is postcard perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole village is postcard perfect! An added bonus for me is you see lots of classic cars. It's the home of Mathewsons classic car auctions which is featured on UK TV.

      Delete
  7. I'm not going to pick a favorite because I like all of them. :-)

    janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know what it is about doors that fascinate me.

      Delete
  9. These photographs make me miss England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how doors can reflect the country and the location. Just looking at the spectacular big landscapes of South Africa in your photographs.

      Delete

Post a Comment